About Liz Sanders
Liz Sanders is the founder of MakeTools, a company that explores new spaces in the emerging design landscapes.
She is a visionary in pre-design research, having introduced many of the tools, techniques and methods being used today
to drive and/or inspire design from a human-centered perspective. Liz has practiced co-designing across all the design disciplines.
Her current focus is on bringing participatory, human-centered design thinking and co-creation practices to the challenges we
face for the future. Liz speaks about and offers learning experiences in human-centered design research and innovation
for clients, colleagues and students around the world. She has a Ph.D. in Experimental and Quantitative Psychology
and a B.A. in both Psychology and in Anthropology.
MakeTools offers consulting services and education to people and organizations that see the value
in using collective forms of creativity to address the environmental, social and cultural challenges we
face today. For the past 25 years, Liz Sanders, the founder of MakeTools, has been
exploring and practicing:
- generative design thinking
- human-centered design
- participatory design tools, methods and mindset
In consulting services, MakeTools can:
- facilitate hands-on learning experiences for interdisciplinary teams
through project work
- become a member of transdisciplinary teams that are facing significant challenges
for the future
- advise on the theory and/or practice of co-creation and human-centered design
In education (for industry and/or academia), MakeTools can conduct:
- Hands-on learning experiences